Cooking is an art of preparing food, but cooking smartly and with perfection will give you more clapping hands.. Here are some cooking tips that will save your time and make life easier in the kitchen. When you’ll follow these cooking tips.. The results will always be good..
- Always make stock in a large quantity and freeze it in plastic bags. That way, when you want to make a nice soup or boil veggies, you can simply pull the bag out of the freezer.
- Soak potatoes and eggplant after cutting, to avoid discoloration.
- Vegetables that have been lying in the refrigerator tend to look dull and lifeless. If you want to make a salad, and need your veggies to look fresh, soak them in cold water with a few drops of lime for about 15 minutes and they will look bright and delicious.
- Whenever you are deep frying papad, pakodas, potato wedges or puris add pinch of salt to the oil to reduce the amount of oil absorbed by the food.
- Add a tsp. of hot oil to homemade pastes of garlic, ginger or green chili, along with salt to make it last longer and taste fresher.
- Add a few drops of lemon a tsp of oil to rice before boiling to separate each grain.
- Use the leftover dal water to make rasam or sambar.
- When you are making any dry sabzi or curry, add 1-2 teaspoons of thick yogurt at the end, and cook on low flame for 2-3 mins. It gives very rich and creamy texture to the sabzi.
- While adding tadka(seasoning) to any curry or dal, add it once the curry/dal is completely cooked. Close the lid immediately & remove from flame. This will retain the seasoning aroma. Do not cook after adding seasoning.
- Put the brinjal(eggplants) pieces or peeled smoked brinjal in water for around 10 mins. Discard the water. This removes any bitter taste from them.
- For perfect vegetable soup, start with diced carrots, onions, peppers and tomatoes sauted in oil or butter before you add any liquid. This brings out the taste and caramelizes the sugars.
- Keep flavored vinegar near the stove so you won’t always reach for the salt. Acid enhances flavor.
- Curd in winter – Set in a ceramic container and place it on the voltage stabilizer of your refrigerator.
- If you want to make pulav with left over gravy then heat oil in a pan add ghee saute chopped onion add left over gravies(Non veg or veg) add rice, salt, lemon juice, cook till the rice is done. serve hot with raita.
Categorised in: Recipe