Hey, Ladies! Is there anything that is halting you from showcasing your beautiful legs while carrying sexy skirts? Is it making you lose your confidence in exposing your soft skinny arms with sleeveless toppers? Is it the dark color of your elbows or knees? Yes! You got me right Duo! It’s high time to get rid of dark elbows & knees, and grab the attention that you genuinely deserve!
Interestingly, Ezyshine is majorly focused on providing the natural home remedies & DIY homemade essentials. We feel satisfied by contributing to save even some of your hard earned pennies anyway! The naturally developed ways and tactics are our prime focus. (Read: 6 Great Tips to get instant Glowing Skin Naturally…)
How the Darkness Makes a Difference
Many of us have a fair complexion since birth without any extra care. This is, of course, a plus point for you to be confidence and show off your beauty. But, if your elbows and knees are dark, then you have to be very selective in wearing outfits. These dark areas heavily influence your overall impression and confidence too! (Read: 5 Natural Homemade Beauty Tips for Glowing Skin)
It becomes quite uncomfortable to wear shorts and sleeveless dresses whenever you are out. One more thing, this black folds could happen to any person whether their complexion is fair or dark!
Now without wasting any time, let us know the reasons as to how we get these dark knees & what’s the biology behind it? Then we will give you the master key to get rid of dark elbows & knees and that too with natural homemade remedies. Yes! You don’t have to go for expensive salons where the skin treatment affects a lot to your pocket. We have the best in ways to cover it up!
Reasons for Dark Elbows, Knees & the Science Behind
Actually the elbows, knees, armpits, under breasts and other private areas darken with the passage of time because of the dead cells and impurities. Our skin is thick (comparatively) at these places have more folds. Moreover, there is a lack of oil glands in these areas which make the skin dry. (Read: 7 Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Skin Tags Naturally)
Moreover, the frequent movements like twisting & bending of such areas also add to its darkness. Hence, due to lack of moisturization & proper care, it becomes an important task to get rid of dark elbows & knees.
Additionally, there are other such reasons that equally contribute to the darkening of these areas. It includes – frequent exposure to the sun, improper hygiene, too much sugar intake, frequent rubbing, and obesity, access pressure, and leaning on tables or floor with whole body weight on knees or elbows!
The success key to get rid of dark elbows & knees is to moisturize them and clean them by using the scrub and bleach. You have to pay attention to these areas from this day itself. Do not ignore and let it go like this!
Simply inculcate one of these methods in your daily routine and get rid of dark elbows & knees for the lifetime.
Yogurt or curd or Dahi is always recommended for the glowing nourished skin and hairs. It contains lactic acid, calcium, and vitamin B which moisturize the skin, prevents acne and pimples, relieve from sunburn and act as anti-aging. Just place back the beauty products and start using yogurt for the radiant look. When we talk about the dark parts of our body, it helps to get rid of dark elbows and knees with its regular use. (Read: 21 Best Monsoon Health Care Tips – Monsoon Health Guide)
How to use yogurt to get rid of dark elbows & knees
- Wash your knees and elbows and then apply the thick layer of yogurt on them. Gently rub it in the circular motion and leave it for 15-20 min. It will lock the moisture. Rinse it with the tap water. Use it at least 2-3 times in a week for clear skin.
- Make the paste of besan (gram flour) and yogurt by mixing 2-3 spoons of besan and 1 spoon of yogurt. You can even add a pinch of turmeric to the mixture. Apply it on the dark knees and elbows on every alternate days. You’ll feel the change in the skin tone after 3-4 uses. Turmeric due to its anti-bacterial properties reduce the unwanted breakouts.
- Mix of lemon & yogurt will also do miracles to the discolouration of your knees and elbows. Lemon act as a natural exfoliate because of the citric acid present in it. It helps to fade the sunburn and other dark patches of the skin resulting in gleaming winking skin.
2. Coconut Oil
Nothing can beat the amazing miracles of coconut oil. It is the complete packet of vitamins that moisturize and lighten the skin tone. Regular massage of coconut oil hydrates the skin & helps to get rid of dark elbows and knees. Coconut oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties that are excellent for the skin. (Read: 7 Natural Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hairs | Home Remedies)
How to use coconut oil to get rid of dark elbows & knees
- Grease your elbows & knees with the coconut oil and gently massage it in the circular motion. Continue it for some weeks & you’ll feel the difference.
- Mix nuts powder in the coconut oil and rub it on the affected body parts. Leave it for half hour and then rinse it with normal tap water. Do it twice or thrice in a week for shining elbows & knees.
- Lemon too works great with the coconut oil. Mix few drops of lemon in the coconut oil and massage it on your knees and elbows. Steady use of this mixture will lighten the affected area, leaving soft & moisturized skin.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is the effective way to get rid of dark elbows & knees. It is known to heal the breakouts & remove the dead skin. Baking soda consists of sodium & pH neutralizer which neutrilize the alkaline nature of the skin. It balances the skin tone making it free from acne. Baking soda also extracts the excess oil from the skin that give rise to pimples and clogged pores. (Read: 7 Amazing Uses of Baking Soda For Cleaning – Cleaning Tips)
How to use baking soda to get rid of dark elbows & knees
- Paste of milk and baking soda works amazingly for the dark skin. Mix both milk & baking soda in equal quantity and rub that paste on the affected areas. Massage is needed for at least 2-3 min. Keep it for 5-10 min & then rinse it with lukewarm water. Results will be in front of your eyes after the use for 2-3 weeks.
Note: Almond milk, rose water can also be used instead of simple milk.
- Add 1 spoon baking soda & 2 spoon oatmeal in a bowl & mix it with water or rose water. Apply it on the dark knees and elbows. Its grainy texture will remove the unwanted skin leaving behind the clear skin. Wash it with the normal tap water & apply moisturizer. Repeat it for 2-3 weeks for the best results.
Lemon is the natural scrubber which exfoliate your skin without snatching your pockets. It is something that is found in every pantry as it has its own health benefits. Let the lemon drops mix with various ingredients & make you shine.
How to use Lemon to get rid of dark elbows & knees
- Jumble the lemon juice & honey in a bowl and massage the dark elbows & knees for white skin. Rub it in the circular motion & leave it for 5-10 min. Honey will deep moisturize your skin while lemon will extract the dead skin. (Read: 5 Best Home Remedies to Remove Sun Tan Naturally)
- Blend together 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 egg white, and 1 tea spoon lemon juice. Apply to skin & let it rest for 5-10 min. Wash it with normal tap water & apply moisturizer. You’ll find your skin tone getting light with its few uses.
- Take lemon peel & pestle it on the dark parts to get rid of it. Wash it & dab the areas with moisturizer.
It Make us Happy to see you Healthy & Glowing!
Categorised in: Lifestyle