Way back in 1994, Scientists concluded that caffeine is a chemical addiction like other drugs. Caffeine is categorized under food/drug and is assumed to be taken by a large volume of people across the globe. Fact – According to the Food and Drug Association (FDA), more than 80% of the young generation in United States of America drinks it regularly.
Have a look on some proven studies and health benefits made on consumption of caffeine content:
- 3 cups of coffee per day is recommended to be safe dose that goes up to around 300-400 mg of caffeine per day.
- Usually, people those have caffeine addiction have 41% reduced risk of Liver cancer.
- Consumption of Green Tea is recommended over Black Tea because Green Tea has lesser caffeine content.
- Reduced risk of breast cancer and oral cancers.
- 25% reduced risk of Colon cancer.
- Interestingly, too much caffeine intake is helpful in reduction of prostate cancer in Men.
- Apart from these facts, caffeine intake also accelerates physical and mental performance.
- Increases one’s concentration, focus and alertness towards work and other activities.
Keeping these positive things in mind, one should also know the SIDE EFFECTS of heavy caffeine dosage or taking too much caffeine:-
- Fastening of heartbeat
- Sleepless or Restless feeling
- Restless Muscle stretch and tremor
What happens when someone wants suddenly quits taking caffeinated beverages?? Here the point by point description about caffeine withdrawal symptoms:
- When a person takes too much caffeine such that he can’t even start his morning before having a cup of tea or coffee, then they gradually develop adenosine receptors in the brain.
- Stopping the intake of caffeine all of a sudden could result in a term called caffeine headache, that is nothing but the headache caused due to sudden caffeine withdrawal.
- You could even get sleepless nights and feel restless at times.
Important note:-Those already having health challenges since long, kindly sit with your family doctor as you how much caffeine intake is applicable for your body. So, keep moderating your coffee source and use common sense. That’s the best preventive measure. Be Happy..!!
Stay Healthy..!!Contributed by :- Shivam Agarwal Nutritional Health Consultant goo.gl/MUT4Kd
Categorised in: Health