Don’t have time to cook.. ?? In hurry?? Not to worry..
Here are some Quick and easy recipes that will help you get a delicious, quick and easy dinner on the table in an hour or less. Whether it’s a get-together with friends or a formal cocktail party, this Indian rice recipes collection will serve your appetite.
These Quick and easy recipes deliver maximum satisfaction with minimum preparation.
1. Rice Paratha – Indian Rice recipe
Have you cooked lots of rice or pulao, and do not know what to do with it..?? Now Don’t worry, you can enjoy new , healthy recipe with left over rice.. that is.. RICE PARATHA. It is a quick and easy recipe and nutritious too.
For the Stuffing
- 1 Cup left over rice
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- Gram Masala-1/2 tsp
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Red chili powder-1 tsp (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Seed 1 tsp
- Vegetable Oil 1 tablespoon
For the dough
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour and water. Knead it to a soft dough.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the onions and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for some more time.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chopped onions.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and stir.
- Add the cooked rice, mix well and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the stuffing on a plate to cool.
- Divide the soft dough into 5-6 equal portions.
- Take one portion, roll into a ball, apply dry flour and with the help of a rolling pin roll it into a circle of about 3″ diameter.
- Place the rice stuffing in the center and gather the ends and roll into a ball. Roll in a little flour and rest for a while.
- Heat a tawa and roast the paratha on medium heat.
- Apply a little oil. When one side is done, turn over, apply some more oil and roast till the other side is done
- Serve hot with yogurt and a bit of butter or pickle.
2. Masala Vadi Pulao
- Basmati rice-1 cup
- Finely chopped onions – 3/4 cup
- Lentil nuggets(vadi)-1/2 cup
- Chopped ginger-1.5 tsp
- Fresh coriander-1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Garam masala-1/3 tsp
- Ghee or oil-4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Cloves- 2-3
- Heat oil in a pan and roast vadi in that oil till golden brown.
- Wash and soak rice for 20 min.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pressure cooker/pressure pan.
- Add cumin seeds,cardamom,cloves.
- Add ginger, chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now pour water and rice in it.
- Add salt, turmeric power and rosted vadi in it.
- Saute gently for few seconds.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 1 whistle.
- Open the cooker, and add corriander leaves.
- sprinkle garam masala on it. and serve hot.
- Serve with gravy based sabji, raita or picke.
Enjoy safe cooking…!!!
Categorised in: Recipe