- Mashed paneer (cottage cheese) 1 cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped onions 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds (jeera) 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi) 1/4 tsp
- Chopped tomatoes 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped green chillies 1 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander (dhania) 1 tbsp
- Crumble the paneer and keep aside
- Heat oil or ghee or butter in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and fry till spluttering stops.
- Add the onions and saute on medium flame, fry till soft.
- Then add tomatoes and cook till they become soft. You can add a little salt so that the tomatoes get cooked faster.
- Now add the green chillies.
- Saute the paste for a minute.
- Add all the powdered spices and mix well. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the crumbled paneer and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Don’t cook the paneer for a long time as they harden and loose their softness.
- Season with salt, if desired.
- Garnish with the chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve it with bread toast in breakfast. If you are serving it in dinner then serve it with hot chapatis and parathas.
This recipe can also be served as a side dish.
Paneer lovers can also check other paneer recipes – Bread Paneer Roll, Spicy paneer dipped in tomato gravy..
Enjoy your meals with this instant yummy paneer recipe..!!!
Categorised in: Recipe